Thursday, November 21, 2019

Strange Man by Ayden B.


Today was like any other day. I was riding the bus home from school, but suddenly the bus halted to a stop.  Then a strange man walked through the doors. He was holding a long case that was strapped and slung over his shoulder. The man said, “Everyone down on the floor or you will get hurt!” As he demanded, everyone got on the ground except me and the bus driver, and because I was so short, I just hid in my seat. Over the man shouted nonsense in another language that I’m guessing was Russian, to the bus driver. At that moment, I realized that the bus driver was a cohort in this. The strange man yelled, “Boys in the front! Girls in the back!” So we did as ordered. I was forced to follow the girls to the back because the bus driver checked every seat. And I was the only one who stayed in my seat. I pretended to be asleep and he carried me into the back and dropped me on the ground, which I acted like I woke up from the fall. I said, “ What’s going on Jake?” Jake was the bus driver’s name, if you didn’t figure that out. He said, “Shut up!” and pulled out a pistol, aiming it at my head. I tried to run from him but I heard a loud bang, which sounded like a gunshot. I felt a sharp pain in my chest, near my heart. I looked down, seeing my chest, with a hole, gushing blood down my body. I feel lightheaded. I see the world start to fade. I see black. Then I feel nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment